1. Of, affecting, or being on or near the surface: a superficial wound.
2. Concerned with or comprehending only what is apparent or obvious; shallow.
3. Apparent rather than actual or substantial: a superficial resemblance.
4. Trivial; insignificant: made only a few superficial changes in the manuscript.
1. of, relating to, being near, or forming the surface superficial bruising
2. displaying a lack of thoroughness or care a superficial inspection
3. only outwardly apparent rather than genuine or actual the similarity was merely superficial
4. of little substance or significance; trivial superficial differences
5. lacking originality or profundity the film's plot was quite superficial
6. (Mathematics) (of measurements) involving only the surface area
1. being at, on, or near the surface: a superficial wound.
2. external or outward; apparent rather than real: a superficial resemblance.
3. concerned with or comprehending only what is on the surface or obvious.
4. shallow; not profound or thorough.
5. insubstantial or insignificant.
6. of or pertaining to the surface: superficial measurement.