Treasury of Philosophical Tenets
(Redirected from གྲུབ་མཐའ་མཛོད་)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- How the Buddha came into this world (based on hinayana, mahayana, and tantric accounts); the twelve acts of the Buddha; the "turning the wheel of the Dharma".
- The Teachings; Shakyamuni's teachings, and the commentarial traditions.
- Philosophical Tenets, based upon these teachings, including: outsiders (non Buddhists) and insiders (Buddhists). The Buddhist views include: Vaibhashika, Sautrantika, Yogachara, and Madhyamika.
- The Way to progress on the Path (Wyl. lam bgrod tshul), including the approach of the Shravaka, Pratyekabuddha, and Bodhisattva, and an account of the five paths.
- An account of the secret mantrayana as the Fruition, including the special characteristics of Vajrayana.
- An account of How the Vajrayana Teachings Came About, including the New Tantra (Sarma) definitions, and classifications.
- An account of The Ancient Tradition (Nyingma) definitions and classifications, divided into three general tantras (kriya, upa, yoga), and three inner tantras (mahayoga, anuyoga, atiyoga).
- An account of the Esoteric Approach, being the Vajra Essence of Luminosity, including a general discussion of: How the ground of Being naturally abides; the way in which sentient beings go astray, the way in which sentient beings can practise, and then finally achieve the fruition of freedom.
- ཐེག་པ་མཐའ་དག་གི་དོན་གསལ་བར་བྱེད་པ་གྲུབ་མཐའ་རིན་པོ་ཆེའི་མཛོད་, theg pa mtha' dag gi don gsal bar byed pa grub mtha' rin po che'i mdzod
Translations and Commentaries
- Longchen Rabjam, Precious Treasury of Philosophical Systems, translated by Richard Barron, Padma Publishing, 2007
- Albion Moonlight Butters, The Doxographical Genius of Kun mkhyen kLong chen rab 'byams pa, Columbia University, 2006